Friday, January 17, 2014

A Blog is Born

My name is Whitney Lemme.  I wear many hats: I am a personal health-coach, an artist, a writer, a dreamer, a daughter of God, a woman, a wife, and a mother.  Mostly, for the purposes of this blog, I am a military spouse.  I am an Air Force wife, namely, Airman Lemme's loving WingWife.  This is the story of How My Heart Grew Wings.
How My Heart Grew Wings - Copyright Whitney Lemme
I was born in Oregon into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  "I am a Mormon."  I was raised out in the beautiful, Oregon countryside.  It was just us: my mom, my dad, my younger brother and I.  We had an abundance of space, time, and quiet.  Most of my childhood memories take place out in the pastures, under the tall grass, beside the cows, and surrounded by the colorful country sunsets.  Rainy days were spent reflecting on God's creations through my artwork and journals.
In Town: Preschool Playground

My dreams of quiet solitude, riding horses and swimming with an Orca Whale soon morphed into getting into Brigham Young University to study and become an Art Teacher.  I was accepted into the BYU, Provo Art Education program and quickly discovered that art was more beautiful and sacred to me as a hobby than a career.  A fascination with the human body led me to the Exercise and Wellness program in which I graduated.

While attending Brigham Young University, I met and married Robert Lemme.  His dreams included serving his country.  Through prayer and study, we decided to join the Air Force.  Rob enlisted in August, 2012, and thus began a new adventure.  Our futures are sure to be full of joy, hardship, love, sacrifice and service.  Whatever it may bring, we are proud to serve our country!  We feel blessed for the opportunity to serve among the ranks of the Air Force!
San Antonio, TX - August 2013
The idea for the blog came with the New Year, 2014.  I love to write.  And I write a lot!  I keep multiple journals including a personal memoir.  My personal memoirs are typed and printed every few years.  As I was editing my 2013 chapter, I was surprised at how often and how much I wrote.  It reminded me of a relatively new dream of mine to write a book.  This dream has expanded into writing more than one book and possibly on more than one topic.  I'm already writing so much, so, why let that dream live so far in the future?  I began looking for a way to help my mind transition from personal journal-keeping to writing for an audience.  A blog is born!

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful idea! Your courage inspires me to go after and do what I love!
    Amber Shirts (under my husbands log in)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeff (Amber!) ;) Maybe I should do a Vision Board post. Keeping my dreams right in my line of sight has really helped me kick them off! You become what you think about. :) Go get those dreams!

      Delete
  2. This is a very good idea guys!!! Oh this is andrew by the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Sarah (Andrew!) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Ahhh….This is a wonderful idea, Whitney. It will be so enjoyable keeping up with what is going on with you and seeing which of those many hats you are wearing as your life progresses.

    Your enthusiasm and courage to dream and reach out to test those dreams makes me think of some words by Theodore Roosevelt (You can inject the word “woman” where man appears. I believe these words are true to either sex.):

    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

    Go get um, honey! Live your dreams and there will be no failure! Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grandma! This is a great quote! And a great reminder to live life to the fullest! :) Thanks for your thoughts!

      Delete