Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The True Purpose of The Blog

My heart has wings!  The blog has only been up a week or so, and so far only two posts (one post, one page), now three.  However, it seems God has supplemented our efforts.  The blog is already achieving its purpose!  You see, the true purpose of the blog is to reach, influence, help and heal as many people as possible.  After only two articles, we've already been getting quite a bit of feedback.  Our hearts are full of gratitude!  Thanks for your comments and questions!  We appreciate your thoughts, and we are more than happy to answer your questions and/or concerns!

Yes, it's true, the blog was created to aid me in writing my first book.  However, I don't think I've shared the reasons behind wanting to write this book... yet.  Years ago, through prayer and study, I discovered my calling in life.  I discovered a desire to follow in my Savior's footsteps.  Like Him I hope to be a leader and teacher.  I want to heal broken hearts, strengthen feeble knees, lift up hands that are weak and weary from the cares of the world, and be a powerful influence for good in the lives of many.  These dreams and desires have stayed with me ever since.  I have a great desire to fulfill this work; the work of my Savior.  My heart truly yearns to be an influence for good, and bless the lives of many!  It is one of my greatest desires!  I can't emphasize this enough!  I'm reminded of a favorite hymn:

Savior, may I learn to love thee,
Walk the path that thou hast shown,
Pause to help and lift another,
Finding strength beyond my own.
Savior, may I learn to love thee.
Lord, I would follow thee.
... ...
I would be my brother's keeper;
I would learn the healer's art.
To the wounded and the weary
I would show a gentle heart.
I would be my brother's keeper.
Lord, I would follow thee.

Yes, I love to write.  It's a love I believe God has given to me as a gift.  And as I use this gift, he continues to bless me through it.  Talents and gifts are given to us from God to bless others.  So, from this gift has grown the desire to reach the hearts of others through my writing.  And that is why I want to write a book.  That's why I started this blog.

I hope that through my experiences, I might be able to bless others.  I hope my experience with hardship and true joy will be relateable and helpful.  I hope my experiences in the Air Force will give me the opportunity to strengthen and bless other families.  Especially those with members in the line of duty, who risk their lives everyday for our safety and freedoms.  Not only those in the Armed Forces, but Fire, Police, and everyday heroes and their families alike.  I hope my expertise and interests will enlighten and enrich the lives of others.  And most of all, I hope my testimony of Jesus Christ will touch the lives of many and bring them healing, joy and love; the same healing, joy and love I have been blessed with through my Savior's infinite Atonement.
Robert Lemme: Fire Fighter & Airman
I have been surprised at the response Rob and I have already received from our "Meet the Lemmes" page.  Though the blog is brand-new, and there are only a few posts, and our viewership is still relatively small, we have received an exciting response!  Though most were not in the form of "comments" like I expected, people have mentioned the blog to us in person and over other social media.  Some have asked us questions about our beliefs and standards they read about on the blog, and some have thanked us for the courage we have shown in making our testimony public.  Both responses have sincerely warmed my heart!  The blog is fulfilling it's purpose.  It's reaching people and making an impression.  Thank you for reading!  Thank you for responding!  We hope you enjoy the content, and we look forward to your comments!  We would love to see our posts evolve from monologues to discussions!  Thanks in advance for your comments and questions!  The blog wouldn't be the same without YOU!

2 comments:

  1. I love what you're doing with your blog so far! I like to think of a blog like cheese. The older it gets, when placed in a good environment (with frequent posts, varying your kinds of posts, just keeping up your good work so far) then it just gets better with age! At some point, you should do a video! I'm sure the world would love to see how adorable Kimber is. :) I know I can't resist!!! :) Love you girlie, and I'm so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! Couldn't do it without your help and support! :) I've been looking for opportunities to add video! And you're right, the camera LOVES Kimber! Thanks for reading, Amber!

      Delete